Virtual Coffee Shop

by talkbackty on Nov 13, 2011


When I was taking classes in college I had a professor who had a big complaint about the University. He didn't believe we had enough coffee shops. Not being much of a coffee drinker, he meant this figuratively instead of literally. The idea is that what our university lacked was places where people could gather and talk, brainstorm, argue and laugh. We lacked community and idenity because the only goal the university had was to get students out as fast as possible with a degree.

It is in that spirit that I'm announcing the Virtual Coffee Shop. Usuing Google+ (sorry Facebook doesn't do this well, or at all) people can group chat with up to ten other individuals. This is called a Hangout. Using the Hangout feature I want to see if we can create a Coffee Shop feature on the internet. What will be talking about? I don't know. Politics, religion, science, comedy, jobs, the governments use of taxpayer dollars to fund research to combine spiders with goats in order to create material stronger than kevlar...it could be anything.

If you don't have a Google+ account it is very simple to make one. You no longer need an invite, but if you want one just to feel special...let me know and I'll send it your way. Once you've done that, type in my name and add me as a friend. I'll start the hangout at 8pm MST (7pm PST). It should just show up in your timeline. Technical details you can private message me. 

Let me know if you are interested in comments so I know if this is worthy of pursuit. Or find me on Google+ and jump in randomly! 

One love. DFTBA.